Friday, January 07, 2011

Insurance Policy Change

My insurance changes its policies a lot from year to year and this year, as of the 1st, it has changed the CGMS coverage policy to include those of us under 25! Hey wow!
Unfortunately it still has a requirement that people have used a CGMS under doctor supervision, which may mean using an I-Pro. Which I can do if necessary. I will have to get the ball rolling and find out.

If you have a BCBS policy, and don't think you have coverage for CGMS usage, you might want to check again.

Here is the link: http://medicalpolicy.hcsc.net/medicalpolicy/home?ctype=POLICY&cat=DME&path=/templatedata/medpolicies/POLICY/data/DMEQUIPMENT/DME101.005_2011-01-01#hlink

1 comment:

Unknown said...

BCBS has been great about covering our CGM (at a 100%)! WOOT! I am so thankful for medical insurance day in and out.