Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Waiting, Waiting, Waiting

I saw the endo on Friday. He drew blood for thyroid hormone levels and erythrocyte sedimentation rate. He asked me if I'd like my A1c drawn and I said no. I hadn't been decided, but when I looked at the needle and the vial, I just didn't want the blood drawn when I knew it would have been an awful A1c. My 30 day average at that point was close to 170. Starting last week on Sunday, I've been running excellent blood sugars. My 7 day average is 123, my 14 day is 145, and my 30 day is 151. I'm loving it. The doctor said that my results would be in on Monday but hasn't gotten back to me. I don't like this pattern at all.

I'm at a sort of a camp for autistic people right now. My roommate's been curious about blood sugar and I've tested him three times, which I suppose affects my average, except his three tests were 145, 134, and 104, which I think averages to higher than my 7 day average anyhow. He's not diabetic. He says if he was, he wouldn't take shots, just could not do it, but he seems fascinated by the needles. I dunno what to make of that.

1 comment:

DiabetesPlanner said...

it sucks when someone get diabetes at this age , but fact is you need to live with it .Fight this challenge and win :)