The results of my blood draw are back, with good news and bad news.
Good news: HbA1c, reference range less than 5.9%, I got a 6.3%! YES!
My previous A1c, in January, was 6.5%, and the two before that were in the week after diagnosis and were above 16%.
Bad News: My accu-chek read 109 and the actual blood sugar was 88. YOWCH. I lost my old meter and have been using a new one for about three weeks, and this new one does seem to have been giving me a lot of high readings, but YOWCH, that's more inaccurate than it is allowed to be for sure! Since I have three meters left, two Accu-Chek Avivas, and a One Touch Ultra 2, I'm switching to my other Accu-Chek. The one I lost was distinguished by a hexagram I made on the back out of test strips, and the one I started using this morning, I put a # symbol on the back of, out of test strips. The meter that was so inaccurate is not getting anything on the back of it.