Wednesday, April 29, 2015

My blood sugar started going up fast shortly after I posted last night. I took 2/3rds of my usual bedtime NPH dose and was steady just over 200 the rest of the night. Blood sugars today have been unexceptional; highs and lows but not extreme ones (for me).

I went to see the optometrist today. He did a dilated eye exam and saw no evidence of retinopathy. I told him I've been having trouble seeing up, and he did a basic screening test for peripheral vision loss, where he held his fingers at the sides or up and down and wiggled one and asked me which one he was wiggling. One of the times he held one finger high up enough I wouldn't have been able to tell if he was wiggling it, but he wiggled the down hand finger that time. I'm still not convinced that I haven't lost the upper periphery of my vision, but I passed the screening test. And my glasses prescription is the same.

No comments: