Friday, May 02, 2008

Last night I ate supper and injected for it, around 1800 hours. At 2015 hours, I checked my blood sugar: it was 175. I took two units of Novolog and decided to take an extra five units of Lantus. I'm pretty sure I did. At 2223 hours, I was ready to go to sleep. I checked my blood sugar, expecting something between 100 and 200. My meter read 362. WTF?! I rechecked and it said 299, which was still way too high. I injected 5 units Novolog and set my alarm clock for 200 hours. I woke up about five minutes before the alarm would've gone off, checked my blood sugar at 160, injected 1.5 units Novolog- all by the light of my answering machine- and went back to sleep. In the morning I woke up with a blood sugar of 102. I think it's a little funy that a crappy night like that one is recorded as a success 'cause I woke up 102, but on the other hand I think I deserved it. I worked for that 102. Wish I knew what happened to make my blood sugar go so high.
My first sensor will be inserted tommorow night... wow.

No comments: