10. The lancing device had sugar on it.
9. Somogyi effect.
8. You injected slow acting insulin instead of fast acting.
7. You're holding the meter upside down (there is a down side to a mini meter, get it?).
6. You injected air instead of insulin.
5. Somebody changed the key code on your meter without telling you!
4. The restaurant gave you soda with high fructose corn syrup even though you ordered diet soda.
3. You spilled some of the soda on your hands.
2. Your maltose levels are high.
1. You have diabetes.