Friday, September 17, 2010

End First Sensor

It was still functioning pretty well, but after 16 days of use I decided to take it out because it was starting to really itch, the adhesive was off enough that the sensor was partly out and that hurt, and it's going to be Yom Kippur in a few hours and I don't want to be wearing it on Yom Kippur.
The place where the sensor was looks like a red irritated dot, a slightly scaly, slightly red patch around it, and a sticky but otherwise normal ring around that. I'm going to take a bath soon and then maybe it will look nicer.

This first sensor was in my upper left arm. I'm hoping to put the second sensor into my abdomen, on the left side, on Saturday night or Sunday. I'm going to wait for a time when my stomach doesn't hurt much. I don't do shots in my stomach when I have much stomach pain or nausea and I'm not going to insert a sensor during a time when that area is already in pain. If by Monday morning I haven't had a pain free opportunity for insertion, I'll put the sensor elsewhere. My thigh, maybe.

Have a wonderful, meaningful, prayerful Yom Kippur and an easy fast.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dude 16 days is a LONG TIME! What brand of sensor do you use?